The UW Law Librarianship Program Founder was Professor Arthur Beardsley, Law Librarian and Professor of Law, University of Washington School of Law Library.
Click here to read more fun facts!
Law Librarianship Program - University of Washington
Why Choose the University of Washington Law Librarianship Program?
Please contact Richard Jost, Director of the Law Librarianship Program, with questions about the Law
Librarianship Program: 206-685-4980 or firstname.lastname@example.org
See also the
Law MLIS FAQ page
- Degree is completed in about 10 months (four consecutive quarters)
- Ranked #1 by US News and World Report Best Graduate Schools
- Intern program provides paid work experience with mentoring from experienced library staff
- Directed fieldwork is a culminating experience in an additional law library setting
- More specialized law librarianship courses than other programs
- Emphasis on research and writing as a core value of the profession of law librarianship
- Graduates are sought-after and qualified for a career track in any type of law library, as well as law library management
- Seattle is a vibrant city to explore while in the Program, with opportunities for many kinds of activities, from culture and
art to athletics and nature