Syracuse University provides this collection of immigration-related reports,
studies, and statistics. TRAC Immigration is a new addition to the TRAC family,
which includes sites covering "the enforcement activities and staffing patterns
of the Federal Bureau of Investigation, the Internal Revenue Service, the Drug
Enforcement Administration, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms, the
Immigration and Naturalization Service, and the U.S. Customs Service."
TRAC uses public information and information obtained through Freedom of
Information Act requests.
A sampling of the data available at the immigration site includes:
- border patrol apprehensions and staffing
- Congressional Research Service reports
- criminal immigration prosecutions
- a glossary of immigration terms
- immigration inspections
- reports from the Office of the Inspector General, Homeland Security
- sentencing patterns
Suggested by Kristy Moon.