May 21, 2001.
Stanford Securities Class Action Clearinghouse,
From the Stanford Law School, the Clearinghouse
"provides detailed information relating to the prosecution, defense, and
settlement of federal class action securities fraud litigation." The
- news about settlements, court filings, and
- a case index that is searchable by company
name, by state or federal district court in which the suit was filed, or by
date (beginning in 1996)
- complaints and other filings
- decisions and orders
- articles, papers, and reports
- related websites
- "about us," which includes a list of
frequently asked questions (and their answers) and information on how
various audiences (investors, judges, lawyers, the media, policymakers,
scholars, and teachers) might use the information.
Interested visitors can register to receive
weekly email notification about news and recently posted documents.
The database search engine offers several
options. Users may search by
- company name
- stock exchange ticker symbol
- district court
- year and month
- full-text keyword.