December 10, 2001
Northwestern University Library, League of
Nations Statistical and Disarmament Documents, http://www.library.northwestern.edu/govpub/collections/league/
The Northwestern University Library presents a
digitized collection of selected documents from the League of Nations. The focus
is on statistical sources (primarily the Statistical Yearbook, 1926-44)
and disarmament documents. Representative documents include:
- Annotated bibliography on disarmament and
- Arbitration, security and reduction of
armaments: protocol for the pacific settlement of international disputes
League of Nations.
- Documents relating to the organisation of a
system of European federal union.
- Financial assistance to state victims of
- Objective study on the internationalisation of
civil aviation and on any other measure calculated to prevent the signatory
states from utilising civil aviation for military purposes.
- Prohibition of the use in war of asphyxiating,
poisonous and other gases and of bacteriological methods of warfare.
- Publications of the Conference for the
Reduction and Limitation of Armaments.
- Reduction of armaments: supervision of the
private manufacture and publicity of the manufacture of arms and ammunition
and of implements of war.
The full-text of documents have been scanned.
Users may browse the list of titles included in the collection at http://www.library.northwestern.edu/govpub/collections/league/titlebrowse-all.html
or may conduct a keyword search at http://www.library.northwestern.edu/govpub/collections/league/search.html.
The website also contains a useful "Research
Guide to League of Nations Documents and Publications," http://www.library.northwestern.edu/govpub/collections/league/background.html.
The "Links" page identifies other websites that maintain digitized
League of Nations Documents or for libraries and archives that maintain paper
The Law Library has many items relating to the
League of Nations and its work, including:
- the League of Nations Treaty Series,
1920-46 (JX170.L4 at Reference Stacks)
- The League of Nations, 1920-1946:
Organization and Accomplishments. A Retrospective of the First Organization
for the Establishment of World Peace. United Nations, 1996. (JX1975.L44
1996 at Classified Stacks)
- The League of Nations in Retrospect:
Proceedings of the Symposium. (JX1975.L363 1983 at Classified Stacks)
- Guide to League of Nations Publications: A
Bibliographical Survey of the Work of the League, 1920-1947. (JX1975.9.A83
1951 at Classified Stacks)
- The League of Nations and the Rule of Law,
1918-1935. (JX1975.Z45 1939a at Classified Stacks)
- Documents on the League of Nations. (JX1975.K58
1920 at Classified Stacks)