Trademark Law Resources: Primary Sources
Updated Sept. 4, 2009.
Prepared by Vicen� Feli�, Law Library Intern.
LexisNexis and Westlaw are available only to subscribers who have IDs
15 U.S. Code Chapter 22 deals with trademarks
United States Code Congressional and Administrative News. KF48 at
Reference Area & Westlaw: USCCAN
Contains selected committee reports.
The Trademark Law Revision Act of 1988 (Public Law 100-667): The
Legislative History, Reports, Testimony and Annotated Statutory Text.
KF3177.12.A15 1989 at Classified Stacks
US - CIS Legislative Histories - Trademark Law
37 Code of Federal Regulations Parts 2, 3, 6, 7 &, 10 deal with
United States Patent Quarterly (USPQ) contains the full text of
trademark cases from federal and state courts and several administrative
FIP-CS, federal court cases dealing with intellectual property.
WTH-TR, Westlaw topical highlights dealing with trademark issues.
- Use annotated codes.
- United States Code Annotated. KF62 1927.W45 at Reference
- United States Code Service. KF62 1972.L38 at Reference Area.
- Use West's Federal Practice Digest 4th and its predecessors.
Topic: Trade Regulations and Intellectual Property. KF127.W484 at
- Look for cases cited in footnotes in relevant treatise sections and
law review articles.
- Look in the index to American Law Reports Federal (ALR
Fed) to find relevant articles. KF105.A54 at Reference Area. Westlaw:
Administrative Decisions & Materials
U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, combined administrative decisions
Commissioner of Patents and Trademark
Trademark Trial and
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
FED-TM, TrademarkScan--U.S. Federal
ST-TM, TrademarkScan--U.S. State