Resources (including link to LexisNexis Academic): see
the Law subject page
on the UW Libraries
Resources by Subject.
Legal Research Guides (basics and specialized topics): see the
Legal Research Guides page.
Internet Legal Resources: links
to free sites for Washington and federal law.
Notes for Some of Your Areas of Interest
Note: Subject heading links go to the
Gallagher Law Library catalog.
Law and Literature
- Use catalog subject heading
Law and Literature.
- Use subject heading Law and Literature.
- Search for articles about particular works (eg., search for sweet
hereafter or for kafka and trial).
- Consider line of scholarship on �narratives� and �stories.� �Law
Stories� series takes famous cases in subject areas (torts, tax,
etc.), explains historical context, analyzes the reasoning and rhetoric of
the opinions, etc.
International refugees: See the Gallagher guide on
Human Rights Research.
Labor and contract: See the Gallagher guide on Research in Labor and Employment Law.
Law and sexuality (gay, lesbian, queer studies)
- In catalog, there is not one subject heading, so keywords search is
- Or try various subject headings, e.g.
Gays -- Legal status, laws, etc. -- United States
Gay rights -- United States
Homosexuality -- Law and legislation -- United States
Bisexuals -- Legal status, laws, etc. -- United States
Transsexuals -- Legal status, laws, etc. -- United States
Gay couples -- Legal status, laws, etc. -- United States
Lesbian couples -- Legal status, laws, etc. -- United States
Same-sex marriage -- Law and legislation -- United States
- See list of links (from Rutgers) at