The library collects copies of most books required by School of Law Courses, along with copies and other items that School of
Law faculty make available for students in their classes. These items are housed at the Circulation Desk on
Floor L1. Circulation staff
retrieve items upon request; please provide the call number from the
Library catalog or the Course Reserves printout under the glass at the Desk.
Links to Winter 2017 Course Reserves in the Catalog
Use these links to access real-time availability of course reserve items.
- Academic legal writing / Volokh
- Admiralty and maritime law in the United States / Robertson, et al.
- Admiralty and maritime law … stat suppl. (INQUIRE AT DESK)
- American Indian law in a nutshell / Canby
- Antitrust / Hovenkamp
- Approaches and methodologies in the social sciences / Della Porta & Keating
- The art of advocacy : briefs, motions, and writing strategies of America's best lawyers / Messing
- Bargaining for advantage : negotiation strategies for reasonable people / Shell
- Basic criminal procedure : cases, comments, and questions / Kamisar, et al.
- Bluebook : a uniform system of citation
- Burning the ships : IP and the transformation of Microsoft / Phelps & Kline.
- Burning the ships … (eBook)
- Cases and materials on employment discrimination / Zimmer, et al.
- Celebrity rights / Welkowitz & Ochoa
- Civil procedure : a coursebook / Glannon, et al.
- Civil procedure : examples & explanations 7th ed.
- Civil tax procedure / Richardson, et al.
- Clinic seminar / Epstein, et al.
- Comparative historical analysis in the social sciences / Rueschemeyer
- Constantine v. Prince : case file / Bailey
- Constructing social research / Ragin & Amoroso.
- Contracts : a contemporary approach / Kunz & Chomsky
- Contracts : cases, discussion, and problems / Blum & Bushaw
- Convicting the innocent : where criminal prosecutions go wrong / Garrett
- Convicting the innocent : where criminal prosecutions go wrong (eBook) / Garrett
- Corporate and white collar crime : cases and materials / Brickey.
- Corporate and white collar crime: selected statutes… (2011-2012)
- Difficult conversations : how to discuss what matters most / Stone, et al.
- Economic structure of intellectual property law / Landes & Posner
- Economic structure of intellectual property law (eBook)
- Employment discrimination : selected cases and statutes 2016 / Zimmer, et al.
- Environmental law in Indian country / Rodgers
- Essentials of licensing intellectual property / Poltorak & Lerner
- EU constitutional law : an introduction / Rosas & Armati
- Evidence : a problem-based and comparative approach / Nicolas
- Evidence : a problem … stat. suppl. (INQUIRE AT DESK)
- Family law : cases and materials / Areen, et al.
- Family law, cases and materials (2016 suppl.) (INQUIRE AT DESK)
- Family law: examples & explanations 4th ed. (5th ed. is MISSING)
- Family law in perspective / Wadlington & O'Brien.
- Federal administrative law / Lawson
- Federal income taxation of trusts and estates / Ascher & Danforth
- Federal Indian law / Fletcher
- Federal tax research : guide to materials and techniques / Richmond
- First Amendment law / Sullivan, et al.
- Fulfilled lawyer : create the practice you desire / Paukert
- Fundamentals of partnership taxation : cases and materials / Schwarz & Lathrope
- Gender and law : theory, doctrine, commentary / Bartlett, et al.
- Getting past no : negotiating your way from confrontation to cooperation / Ury.
- Getting to yes : negotiating agreement without giving in / Fisher & Ury
- Global economic history : a very short introduction / Allen.
- Global issues in family law / Estin & Stark.
- Hospitality law : managing legal issues in the hospitality industry / Barth
- Immigration and refugee law and policy / Legomsky
- In the company of scholars : the struggle for the soul of higher education / Getman.
- International environmental law : cases, materials, and problems / Schoenbaum
- International environmental law : suppl. 2014
- International law legal research / Winer, et al.
- International trade law : problems, cases, and materials / Chow
- Issues and perspectives in conflict of laws : cases and materials / Simson
- Japanese legal system : cases, codes, and commentary / Milhaupt, et al.
- Jurisprudence : understanding and shaping law / Reisman & Schreiber
- Just writing : grammar, punctuation, and style for the legal writer / Enquist & Oates
- Law of banking and financial institutions : 2011 suppl. / Carnell, Macey, Miller.
- Law of banking and financial institutions. 2008 suppl. / Carnell, et al.
- Law of debtors and creditors : text, cases, and problems / Warren, et al.
- Law of financial institutions / Carnell
- Law, science and experts : civil and criminal forensics / Bailey & McAdam.
- Legal writing : examples & explanations / Pollman, et al.
- Legal writing in plain English / Garner
- Licensing intellectual property : law and application / Gomulkiewicz
- Licensing intellectual property in the information age / Port, et al.
- Logic of subchapter K / Cunningham & Cunningham
- Mediation : practice, policy, and ethics / Menkel-Meadow, et al.
- Modern child custody practice / Atkinson
- Modern criminal procedure … (2016 supplement) (INQUIRE AT DESK)
- Negotiation theory and strategy / Korobkin
- Patent litigation and strategy / Moore, et al.
- Pension and employee benefit law / Langbein, et al.
- Pension and employee benefit (2015 stat. suppl.)
- Pleading and procedure : cases and materials / Hazard, et al.
- Political corruption : concepts & contexts / Heidenheimer & Johnston
- Practicing persuasive written and oral advocacy : case file I / Miller, et al.
- Problem solving, decision making, and professional judgments / Brest & Krieger
- Professional responsibility : problems and materials / Morgan, et al.
- Property [Treatise] / Singer
- Property law : rules, policies, and practices (CASEBOOK) / Singer, et al.
- Race law : cases, commentary, and questions / Higginbotham
- Redbook : a manual on legal style / Garner, et al.
- Reservation "capitalism" : economic development in Indian country / Miller
- Rights of Indians and tribes / Pevar
- Securities regulation : cases and analysis / Cho & Pritchard
- Securities regulation (stat. supp. 2015) (INQUIRE AT DESK)
- Social science methodology : a unified framework / Gerring
- Social science methodology: a unified framework (eBook)
- Solo by choice : how to be the lawyer you always wanted to be / Elefant
- Solo by choice, the companion guide : 34 questions that could transform your legal career / Elefant
- A student's guide to the FRCP / Baiker-McKee, et al. (ON ORDER)
- Style : lessons in clarity and grace / Williams & Bizup
- Synthesis : legal reading, reasoning, and writing / Schmedemann
- Taxation of international transactions : materials, text, and problems / Gustafson, et al.
- Taxation of nonprofit organizations : cases and materials / Fishman
- Taxation of S corporations in a nutshell / Kahn, et al.
- Taxing ourselves : a citizen's guide to the debate over taxes / Slemrod & Bakija
- Transnational commercial law : text, cases, and materials / Goode, et al.
- Understanding family law / Gregory, et al.
- United States international taxation : selected sections 2014 / Lathrope
- Washington legal research / Heintz-Cho, et al.
- Writing and analysis in the law / Shapo, et al.
Finding Course Reserves in the Catalog
Search by instructor's name, course number, or course name. Note: The Course Reserves searches all UW libraries, not just the Law Library. If your results seem overwhelming, use the “Refine My Results” facets on the left side of the screen to hone in on the materials for your class.
Course Reserve materials check out for 4 hours. Course Reserve items checked out within 4 hours of closing are due when the Library re-opens. For example, a book checked out at 7:01 p.m. on a Thursday evening will be due at 8:00 a.m. Friday morning; a book checked out Friday afternoon at 2:01 p.m. will be due Sunday at 11:00 a.m..
Check out at the Circ Desk, Return to the Circ Desk
Ask Circulation staff to retrieve your Course Reserve book. You may take the book out of the library with you during your 4 hour checkout period. When returning the book to the library you must return it to the Circulation Desk and not to a library book drop. This ensures that we check it in immediately and that you do not get any fines.
No Holds, Renewals, or Back to Back Checkouts
You cannot place a Course Reserve item on hold. You cannot renew a Course Reserve book. After returning an item loaned to you from the Course Reserve collection, you must wait thirty minutes until you can check it out again. This gives other waiting students the opportunity to use the text.
Starting with Fall Quarter 2016, Course Reserve items will now have a fine of $2.50 per hour overdue up to 11 hours overdue, at which time you will be charged both the $25 maximum fine and an additional $25 Lost Item fee. Neither of these charges are refundable so turn in your Course Reserve items on time! In addition, any Course Reserve item that is "lost" (more than 11 hours overdue) will also bill automatically at $150. This lost item amount is removed after you return the book to the library.
Paying Your Fines
You can only pay your fines online. Failure to pay your fines will eventually result in your library account getting blocked.