Current Index to Legal Periodicals (CILP)
Updated May 8, 2013.
Providing legal researchers with the fastest, most cost-effective
current awareness tool is the goal of the law librarians and staff of
the Marian Gould Gallagher Law Library. They have been preparing this
not-for-profit publication weekly since 1948.
Today more than 2,500 law professors, lawyers, and law librarians review
CILP each week. Here are some of the benefits these subscribers experience:
- Users receive timely topical access to over 570 legal publications.
- Items published are organized within 100 relevant subject headings.
- Complete tables of contents of all journals indexed are included.
- Citations are in Bluebook form.
- CILP is available 4-6 weeks before commercial legal periodical indexes
such as the Index to Legal Periodicals, the Current Law Index,
and the Legal Resource Index.
- Copies of all journal articles are a phone call or a few clicks away
through Gallagher Law Library's Copy
& Send service.
For subscription and ordering questions, please view the
2013-14 brochure or contact